TEENAGERS are being given a chance to take part in twilight taster sessions to find out more about academic choices after their GCSEs.
Solihull Sixth Form College is holding a series of Twilight Taster sessions to give learners an opportunity to try out A level and BTEC courses before they make an application.
The nine sessions are taking place in October and November, giving current GCSE learners the chance to get a taste of 17 different level three courses on offer at the College.
All the tasters take place after school and involve lessons of between 50 and 90 minutes in duration with specialist teachers in a variety of subject areas with others from across Birmingham and Solihull.
College vice principal, Janice Hamilton, said: “Taster sessions are a lot of fun, but they are also very helpful to learners who are unsure of their post-16 ambitions.
“These events give learners an opportunity to see what A level and BTEC lessons are like and see if particular courses would suit them.”
The sessions taking place are:
* Modern Languages, French, German and Spanish – October 31 from 5pm until 6pm.
* English Language – November 3 from 5pm until 6pm
*Visual Arts, Art and Design – Fine Art, Graphics and 3D Design, Photography pathways – A level and BTEC options – November 10 from 5pm util 6pm
* BTEC Creative Digital Media Production – November 15 from 5pm until 6pm
* BTEC IT – November 15 from 5pm until 6pm
* Earth Studies, Geography and Geology – November 17 from 5pm until 6pm
* History – November 17 from 5pm until 6pm
* Philosophy and Religious Studies – November 17 from 5pm until 6pm
* Performing Arts, Drama and Music – November 29 from 5pm until 6.30pm
The tasters are for learners only (not parents/carers) and it is necessary to book a place on the College website at https://www.solihullsfc.ac.uk/tasters.