Hi: 14° Lo:12°
By Laura Payne Monday 21 January 2013 Updated: 28/01 16:00
RESTRICTIONS to visitors at Solihull Hospital at the weekend have been lifted.
Only Ward 19 remains closed to visitors after an outbreak of the norovirus caused the hospital to be shut to patients' relatives and friends over the weekend.
Outpatients and intensive care were the only wards open at the weekend but the restrictions on all other wards, except 19, were lifted at noon yesterday (Monday).
Dr Rex Polson, associate medical director for Solihull Hospital, said the wards had been closed as a precautionary measure to protect patients.
He said: "Any patients attending an outpatient appointment should not attend if they have experienced vomiting and diarrhoea symptoms two days prior to their appointment.
"This situation is being reviewed on a daily basis"
And head nurse Fiona Burton is urging anyone who has suffered diarrhoea or vomiting in the last 48 hours to stay away from the hospital in order to minimize further outbreaks of norovirus.
Visitors are also advised to call ahead to the ward before visiting to check no restrictions are in place which can be done via the hospital switchboard on 0121 4242000.
Visit www.heartofengland.nhs.uk for more information.
POLICE are searching for a burglar who failed
A FAMILY has described how their lives have
SOLIHULL Council has criticised Tudor Grange Academy’s proposed
BIRMINGHAM City footballer Peter Lovenkrands' diamond-encrusted watch was
A CLINICAL trial at University Hospital will seek a vaccine ...
HEALTH chiefs would be held more accountable for the closure ...
THREE people were rushed to hospital after the car they ...
HELP is at hand for heart attack victims after life-saving ...